Dark Years key features:
The main plot synopsis is based on the documents of The Organization of Contemporary History. For instance, a corresponding gameplay and narrative exist in the events of Colonel Afshar Tous’s Martyrdom or plotting the coup by the Retired Officers Association led by Zahedi which is in fact considered a victory and there is no deprivation of history of any sort. Efforts have been made to keep the desired direction by adding a sense of drama.
The plot line of the game stands firm on a thrilling historical narrative of the period in which the 1953 coup was about to take place and is based on the studies conducted by the Organization of Islamic Revolution Documents and Professors of the faculty of Law and Politics in University of Tehran. As a result, contrary to works that are devoid of identity and research, more than 450 pages of historical documents have been provided for this game which is done by a qualified team of graduates from the faculty of Law and Politics in University of Tehran and a group of editors from the faculty of literature in the same university.
Another point regarding the creation of locations within the game and its visual effects is that there exists a diversity beyond imagination in each and every place. As the events of the game take place in two open world environments of Tehran and London, the player experiences the plot line in 25 different locations such as photography centers, boutiques, Retired Officers Associations, Colonel Zahedi’s Mansion in the North, Prison, Hospital, etc. which means that considering the game as an open world genre, the high amount of modeling in this project is somewhat significant.
Different characters and the gamers’ interactions with them have been listed below:
1. Having no effect on the main character’s process throughout the game
2. Having a minor influence on the character within a location
3. Helpful and influential characters
4. Two playable character in Iran and London
The environmental sounds and acoustic effects are to some extent, inspired by the events during the game such as explosions, fire, ambient, the sound of cars and the game’s cloud system, providing a dynamic city, etc. However, there are other sound effects which are supplementary for the background called “Phonetic”, including the sound of opening and closing a door, running, the low pitch sound of a bullet moving through the air and so on. Another important point regarding the sounds in the game is the continuous music which is played during the game and also goes through changes based upon the amount of excitement of the event that is taking place.
• More than 10 hours of gameplay
• 2 playable characters
• A deep, documentary and multidimensional story with your own choice
• Over 22 major and minor characters with 3000 lines of dialogue
• Open world, very strong artificial intelligence (free driving in London and Tehran 1332)
• Nostalgic environmenting in England and Iran (London and Tehran)
• Environmenting more than 20 interior environments with observance to historical concepts such as prison, military officers’ retirement community, Tehran Gendarmerie, photo studio, clothing store, Shooresh (Uprising) news agency, …
• Strong and documentary film narrative in 15 interludes
• Film narrative inside the game
• Over 100 minutes motion captured animation
• Over 45 minor characters
• Over 8 kinds of simulated cars
• More than 20 minutes of professionally composed music
• Interactive cinematic and exciting directed QTE
• Extra missions based on historical documents
• Engaging and interactive puzzles
• Over 150 full color concepts
• Over 100 linear concepts
• Conceptual design of all the game characters
• This game is an astonishing and documentary narrative which narrates the events happened in Tehran and London; especially the uncovering of the black coup which happened in the Dark years